For the time being, a vehicle with a speed of 20~80km/h is defined as a medium-speed vehicle. Motorcycles and various special vehicles used for transportation belong to this category. The former is similar in appearance to electric bicycles but has higher self-weight, speed and power, while the latter is actually a car but with lower speed. Such vehicles are widely used and have many varieties. In the past, most of them were fuel vehicles, but now most of them have been changed to electric vehicles, but solar electric vehicles are rarely seen. The structure and emission comparison of several vehicles are shown in Figure 1. It can be seen from the figure that the fuel vehicle has a complex structure and has more carbon emissions. Compared with the fuel vehicle, the electric vehicle can achieve zero emissions in the place of use, but it needs to be charged with the mains electricity, which is less To achieve energy saving and emission reduction, the development of solar electric vehicles is an inevitable trend. There are two ways to use solar energy. One is to build a solar charging station to replace the mains charging station to charge the electric vehicle, and the other is to use the solar panel arranged on the roof to charge the electric vehicle.
- Analysis of typical medium-speed electric vehicles on the market
(1) The structure of a typical medium-speed electric vehicle. Electric vehicles with small and medium power are widely used, and their common applications are shown in Figure 2. Among them, the electric patrol car is a passenger car type, the sightseeing car is an open-type passenger car, and the rear cargo box becomes a truck, which is installed on various roofs. The solar panel can be transformed into a solar electric vehicle. Install a solar container on the electric flatbed truck or install various working equipment to form a vehicle-mounted solar energy vehicle or a solar engineering vehicle. The required power of medium-speed electric vehicles is lower than that of cars, and the roof area is relatively large, so it is very conducive to the development of solar electric vehicles. However, most of the electric vehicles currently used are battery vehicles, and solar electric vehicles are still in urgent need of research and development. For more questions about the use of trolley batteries, please visit Tycorun Battery where a specialist will answer your questions.
(2) Technical parameters of several small and medium power electric vehicles. The technical parameters of several medium and small power electric vehicles are shown in Table 1. It can be seen from the table that its power is about 4kW, the maximum speed is within 35km/h, the continuation mileage is about 80km, and the vehicle mass is 660~860kg. This type of car has a large enough area to install solar panels. If the car body structure is changed from steel to aluminum alloy or magnesium alloy, it is possible to reduce the weight by 40% to 60%; it can also reduce the power of the car by more than 50%. At the same speed, the weight of the vehicle (self-weight + load) increases, and the required power increases accordingly. For example, an electric freight car, the power of a vehicle with a load of 400kg (weight of 660kg) is 3kW, and the power of a vehicle with a load of 1000kg (weight of 1015kg) is 4.2 kW. Generally, the higher the load, the higher the self-weight will be, and the increase ratio is related to the material and structure of the car body.
(3) The technical parameters and changing laws of several medium and small power vehicles. The technical parameters of several vehicles are compared in Figure 3(a). The maximum speed of several vehicles is 25km/h, the power is about 4kW, and the vehicle mass is about 800kg. Therefore, the solar electric vehicle we developed is positioned at a power of about 4kW. Each type of electric vehicle is a series, and the self-weight and power requirements are designed based on different loads. Taking the sightseeing vehicle with the largest load change as an example, the vehicle length, vehicle weight, and vehicle plane increase with the increase of the number of passengers as shown in Figure 3 (b). ), but the speed of self-weight increase is much smaller than that of the load. The patrol car also follows this rule. The comparison of its parameters is shown in Figure 3(c). The power increase speed is much smaller than the length and weight of the vehicle. According to other data, the power of the sightseeing car with a capacity of 2 to 5 people is 3kW, that of 6 to 8 people is 4kW, and that of 21 people is 6kW. Therefore, reducing the weight is the fundamental way to increase the load and increase the speed. From the data analysis, it can also be concluded that with the increase of the plane area of the body, upgrading to a solar car will increase the energy input by solar energy.
(4) An example of an upgradeable solar car. At present, the power of special vehicles such as RVs, refrigerated vehicles, and engineering vehicles is mostly provided by gasoline engines or diesel engines, as shown in Figure 4(a) and (b). Most of these vehicles are box-type vehicles, which also require more energy when working. , so it is most suitable for the development of solar electric vehicles. The electric vehicle in Figure 4(c), the power parameters are 4.2kW/48V/210A h, the weight of the vehicle is 1015kg, the load is 1000kg, and the continuation is 80km. This is a steel medium-speed electric flatbed vehicle. The solar box and solar controller are installed, and the output can directly supply power to the motor and battery of the vehicle, that is, it can be transformed into a solar electric truck. If the internal facilities are further increased, it will become a variety of special vehicles, such as tourist RVs, thermal vehicles, office vehicles, and emergency vehicles. vehicles and various engineering vehicles.
Read more: What is the calculation of battery capacity and solar container body battery energy system?