- Typical Chinese products and applications
China also has a number of development and production of this kind of gyroscope self-balancing vehicle that can be controlled by dynamic motion.
1.1 Manual self-balancing bike
(1) Typical manual self-balancing bike. In 2013, the self-balancing vehicle developed by Shanghai New Century Robotics Co., Ltd. was unveiled at the Chengdu World Expo. Its shape parameters are shown in Figure 1. There are two types of self-balancing bikes, vertical and sitting, which can be used in many departments. The lightest two types have a dead weight of only 15kg and a speed of 10~13km/h. They meet the standard of electric bicycles and are vertical running and riding High center of gravity and lack of safety. The speed of the seated vehicle does not exceed 20km/h, the vehicle is heavy, but the riding center of gravity is low and the safety is good.
(2) The operation of the manual car. The advantages of the manual car are that the car body is light, there is support when riding, and the manual operation of turning is similar to that of a bicycle, and it is easy to adapt. Forward and backward are controlled by body position (see Figure 2). Lean forward to move forward, lean back to retreat, and stand upright to stop. When getting on and off the car, step on one foot firmly, then go up and down the other foot.
1.2 Foot-controlled unicycle self-balancing bike
(1) Foot-controlled unicycle self-balancing vehicle. In 2014, the landmark dual-leg-controlled unicycle came out, and its structure and components are shown in Figure 3. The size of the bike is as small as 395×160mm (450×250mm when opened), and the weight is as low as 11kg. The only downside is that vertical running with a high center of gravity is not very safe. Subsequent research has developed a seated foot-controlled unicycle self-balancing vehicle, which can be equipped with anti-roll wheels to improve safety.
(2) Seated foot-controlled unicycle self-balancing vehicle. The seated foot-controlled unicycle self-balancing vehicle is shown in Figure 4. Part of it is to install a high-support seat on the existing unicycle. The price is low. Wider wheels, stable riding and safer. Part of the portable type is changed to a telescopic pull rod type, which is used as a pull rod to pull the cart when carrying, and an auxiliary support when riding, plus two auxiliary wheels, which are more secure.
- Dual-wheel dual-drive self-balancing vehicle
The structure of a two-wheeled, dual-drive self-balancing vehicle. Its structure and accessories are formed by connecting two smaller power in-wheel motors with bottom beams, and all electrical control components and batteries are all in the bottom beams. The two-wheel drive can control the direction by adjusting the speed difference between the two motors. In addition, the car will not roll over, and the front and rear direction and speed can be easily controlled by the body position.
Seat-type dual-wheel dual-drive self-balancing vehicle. Its structure, riding and belt conditions are shown in Figure 5. It can be seen from the figure that its structure is very simple, and it can also be used as a back seat, but the center of gravity of the body must be considered to coincide with the center of gravity of the vehicle in order to control the body position.
The idea of a combined self-balancing vehicle. The self-balancing car is a high-tech and intelligent product. If it can be used as a tractor and combined with the corresponding seat to form a seated self-balancing car, the front and rear wheels of the seat can be used as anti-roll brakes (see Figure 6).
- Several examples of solar electric vehicles in China
2.1 Yuanhang Solar Electric Vehicle
(1) Double scooter. Shanxi Yuanhang Co., Ltd. is the first mass production enterprise of solar electric vehicles in China. It is an enterprise integrating R&D, production and marketing of solar electric vehicles. The company produces a variety of single or double scooters, which can be divided into open type and canopy type or three-wheel type and four-wheel type. The four wheels are stable, driving is simpler than a bicycle, traveling safely and saving energy and reducing emissions.
2.2 Small tourist vehicles
This kind of car can be semi-open or canopy, with four or three wheels, the power is about 1000W, and the maximum solar output can reach 400W.
Read more: Different low-speed electric scooter structures explained